7/21/22

Bookstore



Reading is one of the great things to do. By reading, I can learn different perspectives from other people and learn from other’s experiences. When I was a kid, there was a lesson that I had to read a book in a library each week. Growing up, going to a bookstore is quite common in my life. I like to see whether there are any new books available. Some books have influenced me a lot.


I like to go to a bookstore even when I’m traveling. I like to see if there are any dramatic differences in each country’s bookstores. Moreover, I’d love to see what are the most popular books in each country.


When I was in London, I passed by a bookstore and I saw there were several books related to football. I saw several autobiographies from well-known football coaches or football players. There’s no doubt that people in England love football and football definitely plays an important part of their life.


A couple of years ago, I met a friend in Japan and she told me that she was going to watch a documentary film about the Japan National Baseball team. Baseball is an important part of Japan and the Japan National Baseball team is one of the best national teams of the world. You can always see their persistence in the game.


After meeting that friend, I went to a department store in the evening. In the mall, there’s a bookstore. On the bookshelf, I saw so many books from Japanese baseball players. I don’t understand Japanese, however, I can at least recognize those books. For me, a good indicator to see whether something is popular in a country is to see if there are any books related to it.


Nowadays, there are many ways to read and going to a bookstore might not be very common. However, going to a bookstore is still very interesting for me while traveling.

No comments: