7/12/22

Return, again?

A couple of days ago, I read a book, which was written by a former MTV general manager. He graduated from a prestigious university, working in the banking industry across different continents. Then, he became a leader in MTV. For many people, he’s surely considered a person with a lot of success in his career. However, he decided to leave. He traveled a bit and went back to the school where he graduated. I know that some friends like to visit the same cities while traveling. Some told me that they like the atmosphere of the city. Some told me that good memories made them visit again. For me, I like to explore something new and visit as many countries as possible. However, sometimes, I go to the same place or the same region again. I was in Paris several years ago. One day, I met a friend and we headed to the other friend’s place for dinner. When we got off the metro, I realized that there’s a hostel nearby, which is the place I stayed on during my first trip in Paris. I didn’t expect to return to this region. Nonetheless, at that moment, so many memories came out of my mind. I remember the nice staff members in the hostel and some friends I met. And, yes, I’m still in contact with some of those friends I met in that hostel. Each trip will create different memories. But, sometimes, recalling some memories during a trip might be quite interesting and help you reflect on your life. Additionally, the world is changing dramatically and the city is not the same as you visited previously. You might create new memories after visiting the same city. There’s no right or wrong answer to the way you travel. But, choosing your way of traveling is always the best thing to do.

No comments: