6/28/22

Metro card


Metro has been playing an important role in our life, in particular, a mega city always requires a good mass transportation system and a good metro system is necessary.


While traveling, it’s important to learn a little bit more about the local transportation and it will be very helpful. Particularly, it’s better to do some research about ticket options, and then you can choose the right choice for the trip.


Frequently taking a metro to commute for work, taking a metro for me is just like a daily routine. In my home country, metro prices are charged depending on the distance traveled. The longer you travel, the more you pay. Additionally, there are several options such as 24-hour ticket, 48-hour ticket and so on.


However, pricing is not the same everywhere. When I was traveling in Europe for the first time, I realized that in some countries, it’s not charged by distance. Instead, it’s charged by journey. Thus, the distance doesn’t really matter. You can take the metro to the next station or a station that is 30-minute away at the same cost.


Well, there are reasons behind the pricing strategy from each city’s metro system. There’s no right or wrong. However, there are usually many options for travelers to choose. Before traveling, it’s ideal to study before and choose the best option available.


10 years ago, I went to Japan for the first time. I bought a suica, a prepaid rechargeable contactless smart card, and electronic money used as a fare card on train lines in Japan. During the trip, I just used that card to travel in Tokyo. After the trip, there was still some money left in the suica and I gave it to a friend who decided to go to Japan. He truly appreciated that I gave him the suica because it’s so easy to use.

No comments: