6/14/22

Like Bread?


A few days ago, I passed by a bakery owned by a brother of a good friend. There are several good breads and desserts for consumers to choose. When I looked at those, I was thinking of some good memories while traveling.

I went to Paris for a vacation several years ago. One afternoon, a friend asked me whether I would like to have a picnic. There was an event in a huge park and we could go on a picnic and watch a movie. At that picnic, I understood how to use a baguette to make a French sandwich. Additionally, I also tasted great croissants in France as well. There’s really no doubt that there are great bread and desserts in this country. However, there’s a great one that I will never forget. One day in the afternoon, I had to take a flight from Paris to Barcelona. My friend’s mom was going to drive me to the airport. I truly appreciate that she could help me. Otherwise, I truly didn’t know how to get to the airport. When I met my friend’s mother at the train station, she told me that she prepared some food for me because I might be hungry on a flight. However, when we arrived at the airport, I was ready to check in. The airline staff told me that my two luggage were overweight and I had to pay extra money. It took me some time and of course, money to solve the problem. Before going to the gate, I said “Merci” to my friend’s mom and truly appreciated that she drove me to the airport. On the flight, I was at a window seat. The flight soon took off and I was watching the scenes. I checked my bags and saw two French sandwiches that my friend’s mom prepared for me. I tasted those sandwiches and recalled those good memories created during the trip. The baguette, hams and cheeses are just a great combination for me at that moment. Those people I met and those memories I had during that trip are just as perfect as those French sandwiches. Hopefully, I will meet them again soon and taste those good foods.

No comments: