4/5/22

Songs


Ingat-Ingat itu

Jang Cupa itu

Saya Sayang kamu

Hanya Engkau


Above are the lyrics of a song from Malaysia. The first time I heard this song was at an international event when I was in college. Some students from Malaysia performed this song. The lyrics were shown on the screen and I decided to write them down.


I still haven’t been to Malaysia, but I already tried some good food from Malaysia and listened to good music from Malaysia. There are many talented artists from Malaysia and interestingly, I had an album with an autograph of a Malaysian singer.


Music plays a key role in our life. While traveling, I have some good memories about music.


A few years ago, I took a trip to a city in southwestern Poland. I stayed at a friend’s place with several friends. One morning, we had breakfast and prepared to go out. Before going out, a friend was playing some music videos on YouTube. Then, another friend asked me whether there are some cool songs from my home country. I thought for a while and searched for some songs from a well-known band. Those friends are from Poland. When the song was played, I explained the meaning of the song to my friends. A friend was trying to sing and she said that the song was pretty good. She actually pounced some words correctly.


Later on, another friend changed the song. A song from Poland was played and they explained the background of the song. Additionally, they told me why the singer is well known. Well, I still have zero knowledge of Polish, but I do remember that I listened to some songs from Poland.


I always like to learn something new while traveling and it’s not a bad idea to learn something new by listening to songs.

No comments: