4/12/22

Food from your home country


A couple of months ago, a friend sent me a photo via Facebook messenger. She saw some snacks from my home country and she indicated that those snacks were actually tasty.


Normally, I like to taste local food while traveling. For me, tasting local food is one of the best things to do during a trip. However, I would like to do something different, sometimes.


A few years ago, I was in London. Back then, I had been in Europe for several months. Walking on the street, a friend from Japan said that he would like to go to a ramen restaurant in London and asked me whether I would like to join. I didn’t hesitate to say yes. On the way to the ramen restaurant, I saw a tea shop.


It’s a tea shop that sells bubble tea. In my hometown, there are so many good bubble tea shops and I often buy a cup of bubble tea. I hadn’t tasted bubble tea for a while, so I told my friend that I was going to get a cup of bubble tea before having ramen.


We crossed the road and got to the tea shop. I ordered a cup of bubble tea. Well, it wasn’t as decent as in my hometown. However, at least that’s something from my hometown.


I don’t know whether many people actually feel homesickness after traveling for a long time or being away from home for a while. In particular, over the last two years, with the outbreak of the covid-19, many people haven’t been home. I guess tasting some food or snacks from your home country might help people get rid of homesickness a bit. A friend from Japan told me that he usually went to eat Asian food once per week when he was studying in Europe. He just needed some food from Asia every week as he told me.

No comments: