4/26/22

First time flying locally


Because of the outbreak of covid-19, there are still some travel restrictions and it’s not that easy for people to travel abroad. Hence, traveling domestically has become a better option.

Last December, a friend told me that he and the other friend were going to take a flight from one city to another. He used to take domestic flights before. However, the other friend never took a domestic flight. At the beginning, my friend told me that he couldn’t find any flight tickets available. Nonetheless, it turned out that he just chose the wrong date. They did take the flight eventually.


10+ years ago, I was responsible for organizing an event and had to take domestic flights frequently. Back then, I probably took domestic flights 10 times in a year. Well, taking a domestic flight isn’t that difficult, I just need my personal ID.


However, there are usually fewer seats in domestic flights than in international flights. I remember that there were probably two times that I was on the flight standby list because the flight was full. Thankfully, I eventually took the flight. But, the waiting wasn’t fun.


I haven’t taken any domestic flights for 10+ years. However, I still remember those busy days organizing events. Sometimes, I just ran to the airport to get the boarding pass. One day, I didn’t sleep because I had to arrive at the airport very early and I was just afraid of missing a flight.


A couple of days ago, I saw some advertisements about traveling in some islands. Some travel agencies do provide some itineraries that look pretty fun. I was thinking that perhaps, it could be good to take domestic flights to one of these islands. I never visited some of these islands and some friends showed me some cool photos that they took on those islands.

No comments: