3/3/22

Tea

 

A few months ago, I met my college buddy and we went to a restaurant for dinner. The restaurant offers high-quality tea from England. A restaurant staff kindly introduced us to several types of tea.


Growing up in Southeast Asia, tea is common in my life. There are several types of great tea nearby my hometown. Moreover, bubble tea is also a wonderful thing to taste in the summer.


While traveling, I like to taste at least a cup of tea locally and understand the local tea culture. However, things are not exactly the same.


While taking a trip to Spain, I met a friend who had lived in England for several years. We were waiting for a bus to a local winery. She had a cup of tea with her. When we talked about food and coffee. And then, she indicated that it’s uneasy to find good tea in Spain. Additionally, she told me that there were a lot of choices of great tea in the U.K.


Moreover, when going to Japan, tasting tea is necessary for me as well. Two years ago, I went to Tokyo and the hotel I stayed in offered tea bags of Matcha tea. Well, tea bags are quite common to see in a hotel. Nonetheless, when I opened a Matcha tea bag in that hotel, I was so surprised.


It’s actually a premium tea brand from Japan and when I had the first sip of Matcha tea, it was pretty good. Normally, I don’t expect too much from the tea bags offered in the hotel. However, that Matcha tea is truly beyond my expectation. And then, I did some research about Matcha tea and tried to understand more about tea culture in Japan. Recently, a friend just gave me some tea bags of that tea brand from Japan and we shared our experiences of tasting tea in Japan.

No comments: