3/1/22

First meal


A few years ago, a friend decided to change his job and before being on board, he got some time to travel. He decided to go to Europe and his first destination was Paris.


When he arrived in Paris, he posted a photo on Facebook, indicating that he was eating dinner at the hostel. He prepared instant noodles and some snacks. However, another friend left a comment, saying that his first meal as a backpacker wasn’t qualified.


When I think of the post, I’m just thinking of the best food to eat on the first day of a trip.


Well, some people might eat at the airport or eat food served on a flight. That might be the first meal of a trip for them. However, for me, the first meal normally means the first meal while arriving at a destination.


It usually depends on the time of arrival. If I arrive before dinnertime, I usually have enough time to figure out what to eat after checking in. For example, when I went to Japan for the first time with some friends, we went out to have dinner with a friend who lives in Japan. We went to a local restaurant and the food was really good there. Thankfully, with that friend who lives in Japan, he can order for us. Otherwise, we truly didn’t know what to do.


Tasting local food is always a great thing to do while traveling. If I have enough time on the first day, I usually would like to explore any good places to have a meal. However, if I arrive late, I might choose not to eat that night or just grab some food at a supermarket nearby. Thus, sometimes, my first meal of a trip might be chips, bread or milk that I bought at a local supermarket.

No comments: