3/8/22

Spanish food


A couple of months ago, I went to a Spanish restaurant for dinner with some friends. During dinner, we were discussing traveling in Spain, in particular, Spanish food.


It was definitely a great talk and we shared some funny stories while traveling. Moreover, we were discussing some food in Spain and tasting Spanish food. Before ordering, I asked a restaurant staff whether rice was from Spain. The answer is yes. And, one friend asked me why I was asking the question. I briefly told him that the Bomba rice is normally used for paella.


The paella served at that restaurant was pretty good. However, I was thinking about tasting “Fideua Negra” with a good friend from Spain. A few days before that dinner, I texted that friend and asked him whether he’s doing well. He replied that he was fine. Furthermore, I texted him and indicated that I went to a restaurant and tasted some Spanish food, also, I sent him some photos. Additionally, I told him that I missed “Fideua Negra”. He quickly replied that it’s extremely hard to find a better one than the one we tasted.


Well, he’s right. A good reason to travel is that we can taste authentic food locally and you might not be able to find it in a different region or another country. Mostly, restaurants have to make adjustments because of consumers, otherwise, those restaurants might not be able to survive. Hence, Spanish food in my home country is surely not the same as what I tasted in Spain.


The Spanish food served in that restaurant is pretty good and affordable. Unfortunately, tapas were not available that day. After the dinner, my friends and I were thinking that we should come again to taste tapas and see whether those tapas are of high quality. In addition, a friend mentioned that it could be good to travel to Spain again.

No comments: