3/10/22

Suggestions?


Before traveling, some people might ask for tips or suggestions. So, they could know where to go, when is the best time to go or what to see there.


However, when I planned my first trip to Europe, things were quite different. At the beginning, I asked my parents and the only suggestion was “No!” It wasn’t a surprise. Back then, I was planning to travel alone. Additionally, my Mom’s friends went back from Europe and one of them lost her purse at a restaurant.


After several discussions, I still decided to go and yes, it was my first time traveling alone in Europe. It was actually an adventure, but I believed that I could make it. Overall, that first trip in Europe was a pretty good one and I met so many new friends there.


Nonetheless, when I look back at this trip, I can now understand why my parents didn’t want me to travel alone. They didn’t go to Europe before and they had very limited information about European countries. All they knew was that a friend lost her purse at a restaurant. They didn’t want me to face any problems while traveling, thus, a “No!” was the best suggestion.


After visiting many countries, I love to share my experiences of traveling and provide suggestions to my friends and family. Sometimes, even someone who works for a travel agency asks me to provide some suggestions for planning a trip. In the meantime, I keep asking some friends for some advice. For example, I like to collect playing cards and I always ask some friends whether they know good places to find those playing cards. Normally, they are willing to tell me what they know. In addition, I would like to go to Latin America for a friend’s wedding. A friend provided a lot of good suggestions for choosing the right airline to fly with and choosing the right flight package.

No comments: