3/22/22

Match day

Visiting a stadium is a must-do while traveling. In particular, if there’s a world-renown stadium, I will put it as top priority.

When I went to Madrid, I was traveling with a friend. My friend isn’t a fan of football and he never went to a football match before. However, I thought that going to the Santiago Bernabeu stadium would be a good experience even though my friend wasn’t a fan. It was a weekday, hence, there were not many tourists in the stadium. My friend and I didn’t wait too long to enter the stadium. We went into the stadium and saw a lot of collections and trophies of Real Madrid in the museum. Well, Real Madrid is a world-renowned football club. My friend wasn’t a football fan, but he can at least name a few players such as David Beckham. For me, a key thing to do is visit the clubhouse because it’s quite fun to sit in the clubhouse just as those players do. Nonetheless, the stadium visit was a bit different that day. The clubhouse was not open because it was a match day as a staff member said. Indeed, a match day is very important and there is so much to prepare. Moreover, it’s an interesting day. It was summer, I went to Croatia to meet a great friend. In the evening, I was on the street and saw many Croatians with a jersey or a scarf. In addition, they looked quite excited and then, I realized that it was a match day. The Croatian National football team would be playing in a stadium nearby and they all gathered to watch the match. Later that day, I was on the tram, heading to my friend’s place. The tram passed by the stadium and, lights on, I can hear the fans chanting. It seems that Croatia won the match that day.

No comments: