3/29/22

Just walk, walk, walk


During my first trip in Rome, I was staying in a hostel. It wasn’t a fancy place, but I met some people who were very interesting.


One day, I was walking around the Vatican City and it was indeed a great day. I saw the Sistine Chapel, which was painted by Michelangelo. I was so amazed that I could see the actual painting that I used to see in the textbook. There were so many people and some people were trying to take a photo. Well, it’s not allowed to use a camera in the Sistine Chapel. But, overall, it was worth visiting.


After getting some food, I returned to the hostel. I met a friend from Brazil. We already said hello to each other the other day. And, I asked him to see where he had been that day and was wondering whether he went to some cool places. He was thinking and a minute later, he said, “I just walked, walked, walked.”


I did walk a lot as well that day. Unfortunately, a health application on the phone wasn’t available then. Otherwise, I would be really interested to see how many steps I walked that day.


In addition, when I was in Barcelona, one day, I was in a small town and tried to find an FGC station to take a train to the city center. I saw a girl and asked her whether she could speak English. She said “yes” and I asked her how to go to the FGC station. She pointed to the direction and said “you go here.” She kept saying and said, “you just walk, walk, walk and go” Well, I knew what she wanted to say. I walked a while and saw the FGC station. I took a train and arrived at the city center 20 minutes later.

No comments: