2/22/22

Running

Some people like running. Previously, there were not many travel restrictions and some friends went to Japan, Boston or New York for a marathon. A friend used to live in Sweden and he asked me whether I was interested in participating in the Gothenburg Half Marathon.

Well, I’m not that addicted to running and I never ran a marathon before. Hence, I didn’t go to Gothenburg. However, I did participate in a sporting event in Finland when I was traveling. I went to Finland for summer holidays and the weather was really great when I was there. I met with my friends who are from Finland and a friend suggested we participate in an orienteering event before going to a friend’s family house. Previously, I had zero knowledge of orienteering and didn’t even know what to do. However, that friend who made the suggestion is a big fan of orienteering and frequently participates in orienteering competitions. I was traveling and didn’t have any clothes and shoes for orienteering. Thus, the other friend lent me his shoes and pants. In particular, I had to wear long pants, otherwise, it could be too risky. Orienteering is actually quite challenging. My friend was very patient to teach us and we were trying our best to run as fast as possible. However, in the end, the result wasn’t really good. But, we did have some fun. Since my friend knew that we couldn’t have good records, he told us to enjoy “walking” in the forest and we tried to find some berries.
We did find some berries and tried them. It was the first orienteering event that I participated in and it’s probably the last one as well. The record wasn’t good, but we did try some berries in the forest. After the event, I was quite tired and slept well that night.  

No comments: