2/8/22

Rice

A few weeks ago, a friend sent me a link via Facebook messenger. It was local news, indicating a new restaurant was open. It’s a restaurant that sells Malaysian food.

My friend and I went to the restaurant and we ordered chicken rice for dinner. When the meal was ready, I took a photo and sent it to a friend. At the beginning, my friend didn’t notice that the food was from Malaysia. Well, it might not be easy for some people to recognize different Asian foods from different countries since they may look similar. Rice is very common in Asia and it’s very easy to see Asian cuisines with rice. The first time I went to Japan, my friends and I went to a fish market. We each ordered rice with raw fish. It was just so good. For me, it is just a great combination. Later on, I was reading an article and it was an interview of a famous sushi chef. The sushi chef indicated that rice is the most important part of sushi. Furthermore, it was one night that my friends and I were quite hungry. We went downstairs to a convenience store, trying to explore something to eat. We each bought drinks and a microwave bento box. The bento was rice with meat. Even though it’s microwave food, it was actually quite good. It was quite interesting that microwave food can be so good, but I guess Japanese people spent a lot of time developing good food in the convenience stores. Additionally, I also tasted rice in Spain. Paella is one of the most famous Spanish foods and we can even find it in several countries. However, tasting paella is quite different. When I visited different cities in Spain, each city’s paella had its own style. Moreover, I tasted a meal with rice on a flight as well. Nonetheless, you can't expect too much.

No comments: