2/3/22

Address


“Hey, could you please give me your address?” I texted a friend “Sure, here’s my address, xxx” A friend answered. Previously, some friends asked me whether I could write a postcard to them while traveling. For me, it wasn’t difficult and I can share something interesting during a trip. Later on, it has become an important thing for me to do while traveling. I always write postcards to my friends and family. Normally, I write 10+ postcards during a trip. Additionally, updating addresses has been quite important for me because I don’t want to see that a postcard was sent to the wrong place. Hence, when some of my close friends move to a new place, I always ask them to give me the new address. When I traveled to Amsterdam, I decided to spend some time writing postcards. If my memory is correct, I was probably writing around 20 postcards. I stayed in a hostel that night and a roommate thought that I was crazy. He asked me whether my hand was hurt after writing so many postcards. Well, my hand did feel a bit fatigued that night. However, it doesn’t always work. A few years ago, I was going to China for a business trip and didn’t have enough time to see whether I could buy postcards. Additionally, I didn’t have those addresses at that time. Even though I would like to write some postcards to my friends, I wasn’t able to make it. After that trip, I usually checked whether I would have enough time to buy postcards, write postcards or send those postcards before a trip. At the same time, it’s important to have those addresses with me, so I know that I can share something interesting during a trip to those friends and family. A few days ago, I just received a new address from a good friend and I will write to her soon.

No comments: