2/15/22

Coffee again

I just tasted a cup of coffee today and it’s a routine for me to start the day. While traveling, I like to taste a cup of coffee in different countries and learn different cultures at different coffee shops. Additionally, there’s another reason to go to a coffee shop. Normally, wifi is available in a coffee shop. For me, I can take a break to taste a cup of coffee and, at the same time, I can use wifi to share a photo on social media, send messages to friends or just explore information.

A few years ago, I was in London with some friends. We were there to visit some companies. After lunch, we were heading to a world-renowned company. We arrived early and there was nothing else to see outside. It was quite cold, so we decided to go to a coffee shop nearby.


We went into the coffee shop. I was looking around and thought about what I should order. Some friends sat down first and someone was coming. The restaurant owner came and asked us if we would like to order something. We were still thinking. He kept saying, “If you don’t order anything, please go out.” I was surprised to hear that.


After hearing that, a friend said, “Ok, fine, I just leave.”


That friend went out. Well, it was cold outside. So, I ordered a cup of hot coffee and some other friends each ordered a cup of tea or coffee. We just stayed there for a while and discussed those companies we just visited.


Cultures of different coffee shops vary in each country. Moreover, coffee shop owners are very different as well. In some countries such as Japan, the staff members treat consumers politely. But, in some countries, you might just experience something different.

No comments: