1/20/22

Off work, but not really


People are back from holidays and I hope everyone had a great time with their families. For me, traveling is a good way to relax. So, people can recharge and regain energy. However, sometimes things didn’t go as expected.

I used to travel and work at the same time. Several years ago, a friend who worked for a magazine invited me to write an article. I was so surprised that my article would be published in a magazine. I didn’t hesitate and answered “yes”. I quickly finished writing and then, I was ready to travel. However, when I was in Prague, I received an email and a friend indicated that it would be better for me to help the magazine edit the article and review it again. Well, I was traveling, but the deadline approached. I didn’t have a better option. I returned to the hotel and stayed late to edit the article. After several hours, I clicked the “send” button. In addition, this did not happen only once. When I was in Rio de Janeiro, I stayed at an apartment with some friends. One night, I received an email and it indicated that there’s a new project. The next morning, I had a conference call to learn a bit more about this project. The next day, I spent quite a while in the apartment we rent finalizing the slides. I did miss some good parts of Rio. Well, I don’t like to work while traveling. However, sometimes, something emergent could happen and it requires me to dedicate some time. It’s usually not ideal because I will have to change my plan and that means I won’t be able to visit some places on this trip. Otherwise, I have to sleep less to get the job done. During a trip, I always want to fully recharge and relax from work. Nonetheless, the work comes sometimes.

No comments: