1/4/22

Gelato

Ice cream is one of my favorite desserts to taste. In particular, tasting ice cream is indeed a great joy in the summer. When I traveled in Italy for the first time, a friend told me that I had to taste gelato (ice cream). When I arrived in Italy, it was in the summer. After visiting the Colosseum, I walked on the street. It was a sunny day and actually, it was a bit hot. I walked slowly, but finally, I arrived at the Trevi fountains. There were actually a lot of people, mostly, those people are tourists just like me. I quickly took some photos and tossed a coin to make a wish. I didn’t stay there too long because it was so crowded there. Then, I was just walking around and found a store with very colorful ice cream. I didn’t hesitate to go in. I didn’t remember how many scoops of ice cream I tasted that day. But, I do remember that I asked the staff to see which flavor was special. If my memory works well, I thought I ordered a scoop of lemon gelato. However, I didn’t remember what else I ordered. After visiting Italy, I just couldn’t forget how good gelato was. Later, when I came back to my home country, I met a friend who worked at a local gelato shop. I tasted gelato in that shop and I discussed with my friend and the owner about gelato in Italy. Normally, the shop couldn’t generate much revenue in the winter, however, the shop owner believes that gelato could be a lifestyle thing. In Italy, you can even taste Gelato in the winter, hence he strongly believes that this could work in our home country. A few years later, I did go to Italy in the winter and taste some scoops of gelato. Recently, I passed by the local gelato store and the owner was there, happily showing the new flavor of ice cream. 

No comments: