1/13/22

File


Last month, Google backup and sync didn’t work. And, I had to download google drive and reset everything again. It really took me a while to finalize all settings. I did reset the application carefully because I didn’t want to unfortunately lose any files. Three or four years ago, when I was using my laptop, it showed that my Dropbox file was full and I had to move some folders. I checked carefully before moving those folders to Google Drive because some folders contain lots of photos of my journeys. I moved some folders and waited for a while, those files seemed to be successfully moved. However, when I re-checked some folders on Google Drive, it turned out that those photos were not there. I was a bit scared that I might accidentally delete those folders. It really took me a while to finally move those folders from Dropbox to Google drive. Fortunately, those files were not missing. Nowadays, there are several cloud service providers and people can choose the best plans that fit your budget or needs. However, it’s very important to understand how those cloud services function. Moreover, those applications will update sometimes and you have to reset them again. It’s necessary for some people to back up some folders, in particular, if those files are extremely important for you. A few years ago, a friend was updating his iPhone to a new iOS system. A few minutes later, he was screaming because all his applications and photos were lost. He didn’t know what to do. However, his sense of humor was the best, he indicated that all those applications and photos were “on the cloud”, but he just couldn’t reach them. I really like his sense of humor, nonetheless, I knew he was unhappy because those photos of traveling weren’t available and he had to download those applications again. It took him one day to reset everything.

No comments: