12/14/21

Form to fill

There are some forms to fill in our life. We have to fill in some information to apply or register. Even though we can fill information online easily now, there are still some forms we have to fill on paper.

A passenger form or a tourist card is very common to fill before entering a country. Each country has its requirements and would like each tourist to follow. It was my first time to see the form while I was traveling to Australia. When I saw the form, I didn’t know what to do. Then, I read it carefully to try to understand what to do. Then, a video was played on the screen. It was a video about entering Australia and it indicated that there were some restrictions. I realized that, simply put, I just needed to fill in the form to show that I didn’t have anything illegal. So, I completed the form and handed it to the custom staff while passing the custom. I have traveled to several countries and filled in passenger forms several times. Each country’s form is not exactly the same, but there’s no dramatic difference. However, things have become different last year. I was in Japan and before checking in, we had to complete the form to indicate that I didn’t have any symptoms of covid-19. And, before landing, I had to complete another form to show that I didn’t have any symptoms or visit China recently. The global travel industry hasn’t fully recovered yet and we still can’t travel as we used to. As I talked to a friend who’s been working in a travel agency for a long time, he thought that the recovery would slowly begin next year. However, I guess we shall fill in the form to indicate whether we are fully vaccinated in the future. Moreover, a vaccination record card shall be required as well.

No comments: