11/9/21

Size

It’s one thing that is very interesting while traveling. Size. The definition of small, medium and large is not exactly the same in each country. The most common difference for me is portion size. When I was traveling in the United States, I never felt hungry at a restaurant. A meal is usually larger than I expected. One day, I was going out with some friends and we ate at a BBQ restaurant. Pork rib steak looked really good and I decided to order it. When the steak was on the table, I was shocked. It was big. Well, I thought the size of the pork rib steak would be similar to those I saw at a TGI Friday. However, the pork rib steak at that BBQ restaurant really made my stomach extremely full. We went to the restaurant in the afternoon and I didn’t eat anything else that day. In addition, I made a mistake when I was in Japan for the first time. My friends and I decided to meet at Shinjuku station in the evening. I checked the map and figured out that I could arrive at the station by metro. I went to some stores in the afternoon and then took the metro to the station. Well, I was arriving at the metro station earlier and walked to the meeting point. But, I didn’t realize that Shinjuku station is much larger. I was running and my friend texted me to let me know that they already arrived and were waiting for me. It took me 20 minutes to meet my friends. Yes, in the station, I walked 20 minutes. Also, some friends have similar problems while traveling. In particular, when buying clothes, the size might not be exactly the same. A friend bought a small-size t-shirt as a souvenir in America for his family and then it turned out to be too big.

No comments: