11/4/21

Taxi


Normally, taking a taxi is not an ideal option for me while traveling. However, it might be the only option, sometimes.


I was traveling to Prague and on the first night, I was going to meet a friend. I arrived at the airport and planned to take a bus to the city center. I walked to a bus stop and was waiting. I saw a bus coming and when the bus stopped, a man came out. He’s a staff member and I was trying to buy a ticket. He yelled loudly and asked me to pay in Koruna. I didn’t have any Korunas with me and I asked him if I could pay in Euros. He quickly answered “no.” He indicated that tickets could be purchased at the airport, but the bus was leaving. Additionally, he said “don’t waste our time.”


Well, I didn’t have any choices. I headed back to the airport and tried to figure out when the next bus would come. It turned out that I would have to wait for a while and I decided to take a taxi. I paid in Euros and the taxi driver helped me put the luggage. The driver drove safely, but we were stuck a bit on the road. I was wondering why and asked the driver. He told me that there was an important meeting in Prague and it seemed that several European leaders were in Prague. I was a bit nervous because I might be late to meet my friend. I asked the driver whether I can have internet access and he shared his personal hotspot. I was trying to check on google maps to see if I would be late.


Fortunately, I arrived at the hotel and the hotel was near the bus station. I just saw the bus that left in front of me. I checked into the hotel and ran to meet my friend. On time.

No comments: