11/30/21

Pick up

“Remember to turn right after you pass through customs.” A friend texted me to let me know that he was waiting for me at the airport. However, I didn’t read the message before I met my friend. I was on a flight and didn’t have any Internet access. When I passed through customs, I turned right and thought about taking the metro. Nonetheless, I didn’t walk too long and saw my friend. He was there. I was so surprised. He said that as I mentioned. I didn’t even know what he was talking about. Then, I realized that he texted me when I was on the flight, so I didn’t read his message. But, thankfully, he was there to pick me up. Sometimes, picking up could be interesting. I was visiting a friend in Shanghai, however, she and her husband didn’t live close to the airport. My flight would arrive at around 6 p.m. and she couldn’t pick me up. So, she texted a taxi driver to pick me up and drive me to my friend’s place. My friend told the driver that it was my first visit to Shanghai and didn’t know much about the city. In addition, I wouldn’t have Internet access at the airport. The driver came up with an idea. He would write a pick up sign. My friend told me that the driver would have a pick up sign with him, and she was just laughing because she couldn’t imagine this would happen.
I arrived at the airport in Shanghai and saw the taxi driver. The pick up sign was ok, but it was clear enough for me to see it. The driver drove well and I arrived at my friend’s place safely. However, when I met my friend, she indicated that something was missing. I should have taken the photo with the pick up sign.

No comments: