10/19/21

Taxi (Delivery service)


You can see a taxi or call a taxi almost everywhere. However, each one has different experiences in taking a taxi. I don’t take a taxi very often. Nonetheless, taking a taxi could be the one and only option during a trip, sometimes. When I was traveling in Beijing with some friends, we decided to go shopping to get some souvenirs. It was a great day and we went out in the morning. We did see something, which was affordable. My friends and I each bought “something”, however, something unexpected happened. We realized that we already bought too much. Our initial plan was to see around the city in the afternoon and see if there is something else to buy. Nonetheless, we already bought too much and that made it hard for us to move. We decided to change our plan. A friend and I would take a taxi to take all the stuff that we bought to the hotel. So, we waved our hands, trying to stop a taxi. Luckily, after a few minutes, one taxi stopped and we quickly put everything in the taxi. When we went back to the hotel, it still took us a while to put everything in a friend’s room. After getting the job done, we jumped in a taxi again to meet with our friends. Nevertheless, we had to skip lunch because we already spent too much time on moving those souvenirs back to the hotel. It was the one and only time that we stopped a taxi to deliver our souvenirs back to the hotel. Until now, my friends and I sometimes joke about that crazy shopping memory. Indeed, we went too crazy then. But, it was a great lesson. Later on, I only buy a few souvenirs each time and have a checklist to make sure that I won’t have to call a taxi for “delivery service” again while traveling.

No comments: