10/14/21

Roommates

 

A good thing about traveling is that you can meet travelers around the world and understand different lifestyles from other countries. I did meet many good friends while traveling.

During my first visit in Europe, I didn’t have too much money and I decided to stay in a hostel. And, luckily, those roommates were pretty good. For example, when I was in a hostel in France, I was living with a roommate from New Zealand. He was really nice and he played rugby. He told me some cool things about New Zealand. Moreover, he played rugby and we chatted a lot about rugby. I like to watch New Zealand’s Haka dance before the game. He told me that each school rugby team has its own Haka dance. However, he also told me that he was injured several times while playing rugby.


In addition, he told me that he changed the room before I arrived at the hostel. He told me that he lived with another guy and the guy was smoking in the room. He tried to tell him to stop smoking in the room and it didn’t work. He talked to hostel staff and asked to change rooms. Then, we became roommates.


Living in the hostel is a fun thing to do if you are on a tight budget. You can meet new friends. However, it really depends on your roommates. It doesn’t guarantee that you will meet good roommates and sometimes, a bad teammate will ruin your trip. My roommate in France shared his experience and that makes me appreciate that I didn’t face the same problem.


After several years, I still keep in touch with this roommate. We haven’t met again, but we all remember those fun times in France and every time I watch a rugby game. I remember what we chatted about in the room. 

No comments: