9/2/21

Travel in September

 

Many people are on holidays in the summer. One of my colleagues was heading home for the holidays in July and most of my friends decided to go on holiday in August. In addition, there are still some friends who will take holidays in September.

I don't take holidays in September often, but some trips are unforgettable. Around 10 years ago, I was going to Bilbao and San Sebastian with some friends. Before that trip, I had little knowledge of that region. All I knew was the Guggenheim Museum Bilbao. That was the main reason that I would like to go there. Guggenheim Museum Bilbao didn’t let me down. I was extremely happy to see one of Frank Gehry’s masterpieces. I watched several videos that introduced this museum and read its stories in books and on the Internet. However, when I first saw the Guggenheim Museum Bilbao, I was thinking that finally, I saw it. In addition, some friends told me that I have to taste tapas in San Sebastian. I followed the suggestion and those tapas were just so good and fresh. I like seafood and seafood tapas in San Sebastian are something I would like to taste again in the future. Great food, beach scenes and museums defined that trip in September. It was a great memory to travel with good friends. I might not travel this September, but I will think of taking holidays in September again if possible. Traveling in September isn’t a bad idea because there are normally fewer tourists and most places are less crowded. Moreover, it’s not as hot as in July or August. However, it’s not exactly the same everywhere. It’s better to check the weather before traveling and understand what to expect. In some countries, it rains a lot in September and it’s better to avoid traveling in the rainy season.

No comments: