9/7/21

Turbulence


Life is not always smooth sailing and without doubt, there are ups and downs. When traveling, there’s also something unexpected. I guess most people used to face turbulence on a flight. The first time I faced turbulence was when I traveled back from Australia 20 years ago. After departing, I heard the pilot say that we might face some turbulence on the flight, but he would try to avoid it. Back then, I didn’t face any turbulence before and a teacher told me her experience of facing turbulence on a flight to the UK. It didn’t sound like a good experience. On the flight, I was sitting at a window seat and tried to enjoy the view from outside. Well, there was really not much I could enjoy. I ate the meal provided and would like to go to the lavatory. However, the captain was speaking and the flight was shaking a bit. Passengers had to stay and fasten the seatbelt. Lavatory was closed and not allowed at that moment. Well, I had nothing to do, but just waited for passing this turbulent flow. I didn’t know if I was shocked when I faced turbulence. I was just sitting in my seat. But, after a while, the flight finally passed turbulence and I was able to go to the lavatory.

Later on, I also faced turbulence on a flight. Some turbulence was violent and sometimes, it happened when flight attendants were giving meals. I saw flight attendants quickly decide to not provide meals and ask passengers to stay in their seats. Another time, a captain spoke loudly to ask passengers to fasten the seatbelt and said “safety first” because the turbulence could create some problems. Thankfully, no one was hurt. Well, people definitely don’t want to see turbulence on a flight, however, it’s unavoidable and could happen sometimes. Most of the time, I usually fasten the seatbelt when I’m in my seat.

No comments: