9/23/21

Crowded

 

“We might have some problems on the first day in Japan.” A friend said this before our trip to Japan.

We arrived at the airport in the afternoon and we had to take the metro to the apartment. The problem we might have was that we might take the metro between 5:30 p.m. and 6:30 p.m. and rush hours in Japan fit in this time range. Thus, we might have to take our luggage in a crowded metro on our very first day in Japan. However, very fortunately, the metro we took wasn’t that crowded as we expected and we had some extra spaces on the metro. We quickly checked in at the apartment and decided to go out for dinner. We did see many people in a major station. Also, there are several times that I was stuck in a crowded metro. It was my first trip to China. I was with some friends in Beijing. One day, we decided to take the metro to experience taking the local metro. We would like to avoid rush hours, so we decided to go out at 10:30 a.m. When we were on the metro, I was really shocked because the metro was so packed. I thought a plan to avoid rush hours would work. Nonetheless, it didn’t. With many people on the metro, it was actually hot on the metro. Well, on the way to work, I usually have to find a spot on a crowded metro, sometimes, it’s just so packed and I have to wait for another one. However, I really hate to be on a crowded metro while traveling. I always check carefully to know when the rush hours are locally. Additionally, I prefer to go out late and go back to a hotel late to just avoid being on a crowded train or bus.

No comments: