8/17/21

Visit churches

 

I used to go to a church with my neighbors near my home every Saturday when I was a kid. Back then, I didn’t know much about religion and the importance of a church. However, after visiting many churches while traveling, I learn a lot about history and architecture.

When I was in Barcelona, there was a must-visit place, which is the Sagrada Familia. When I first saw Sagrada Familia, it looked so amazing because it’s really different from churches I saw. In addition, I also saw many tourists in the queue, who were waiting to enter. But, I didn’t enter that time.


However, I went to Sagrada Familia several times. The first time I entered the beautiful Sagrada Familia was on Christmas Eve. I was with a group of friends and we took the elevator to the tower. It’s a great way to see Barcelona at the tower. But, it’s not ideal for people with acrophobia. After enjoying the great view, we walked down the stairs slowly. It might be really dangerous to walk too fast.


At the ground floor, the only word my friends and I agreed on was “warm”. Yes, even in the winter, we can feel that it’s warm to be in this spectacular building. Later, we heard bells ringing.


At night, we were at a park that is a block away from Sagrada Familia. It’s a great place to see Sagrada Familia at night. And, yes. You should see a beautiful building from different angles and at different times.

 

Well, Sagrada Familia is still under construction and it probably still needs some time to be 100% complete. Maybe I will visit it again when it’s completed. And, it will be quite interesting to see how it will look in the morning or at night. It’s still too early to plan a trip, but it will surely be fun to visit again.

No comments: