8/12/21

Save my day

 

This is a mistake that I used to make during a trip. It wasn’t a big problem, but it’s a good lesson.


I was on holiday in Croatia and visited an old friend. I stayed at his place for a week and the journey was quite simple. On weekends, he showed me around the city and on weekdays, I went wherever I wanted. So, on weekdays, I went to different cities and I decided to go to Slovenia.


I woke up early to make sure that I didn’t miss the train. I got on the train and was ready to explore a country that I never visited before. However, something happened.


The train stopped when it arrived at the border of Slovenia. Some officers went on the train and announced “passport check”. I didn’t have my passport with me and I had to get off the train. I was on the platform and tried to call my friend. However, it didn’t work because my SIM card only functioned in Croatia.


A train to Croatia came and I got on. When it passed by the border of Croatia, I texted my friend and we agreed to meet at a station. We met at the station and I told him the situation. Well, I still wanted to go to Slovenia, so I got the keys from my friend and headed back to his place to get my passport.

 

I got my passport and got on the train again. This time, no problem. The officers checked my passport and I was fine. I arrived in the city of Ljubljana. But, I didn’t have much time. I quickly walked around the city and tried to explore as much as possible because I had to return to Croatia in the evening.


Well, I still made it but it wasn’t perfect. Thankfully, my friend saved my day. He decided to go to the office late and gave me the keys.

No comments: