8/26/21

Travel center

 

Back in college, a professor assigned us a project. The main goal of the project was to help the city government identify if there is something missed in the local travel center.

My classmates and I decided to interview tourists to see if we can gain insights from them. We did receive relevant information and some useful feedback. However, one interview that we couldn’t forget was that a tourist would like to see a travel center/tourist center have spa service.

 

When I travel, tourist centers are very important for me because I frequently ask for information or get some maps in travel centers. Most of the time, staff in the travel centers are very helpful and provide information. I truly appreciate that they help me a lot. Meanwhile, visiting a tourist information center is a good way to know whether a country attaches importance to the tourism industry.


Moreover, there is a surprise in the travel center sometimes. When I traveled in Lithuania, I went to a tourist information center and tried to get some maps. I saw some Malaysians that we met in Latvia. We used to stay in the same hotel in Latvia and then we met again in Lithuania. We were so surprised that we could meet again and they told me that they were planning to go to an island. They asked me if I went to that island already. Well, unfortunately, I didn’t. Additionally, they told me that the hotel they stayed in Lithuania was much better than the hotel we stayed in Latvia.


For me, tourist information centers are very important while traveling. In particular, in some countries, speaking English doesn’t really work and most of the time, I rely on information provided in the travel centers. Additionally, in some travel centers, there are coupons and I did use some coupons to help me spend less on a trip.

No comments: