7/20/21

Right or Left?

 

“To the right, to the right”

“To the left, to the left”

 A DJ played the song at a party and I was dancing with some friends on a trip. We followed DJ’s guide and in reality, we have to know left and right while traveling in different countries.

When I visited Australia and walked with friends on the road, one told me that I have to watch the right-hand side. Well, that’s different from my home country. However, it didn’t take me a long time to adjust. And, I didn’t have too many troubles on that trip. Nonetheless, things were a bit different when I was in Japan. When I first went to Japan with some friends, we just didn’t notice that we had to stand on the left side of the escalator. Several times, we stood on the wrong side and some Japanese kindly reminded us because they couldn’t move forward. And, when I came back to our home country, I stood on the left side several times in the first two weeks. I just thought that I was still in Japan. And I told a friend about standing on the wrong side and he told me that he did the same. It’s very important to know the traffic rules of the country that you are going to travel. Additionally, you have to keep in mind and pay attention. I was with a friend in London and we were on the way back to our Airbnb. We just kept walking and a car almost bumped into us. We just forgot to watch our right-hand side while crossing the road. The driver was yelling and gave us a finger. Well, my friend and I knew that we made a mistake. Thankfully, no accident, my friend and I were fine. But, it was truly an important lesson. 

No comments: