7/15/21

Lost


 
This might be something we don’t want to see or experience. However, it could happen. Lost. Most of the time, I’m careful because I really don’t want to lose anything during a trip. But, something might just happen. I took a flight that departed from Barcelona. I was heading home and had a layover in Dubai. The service was truly excellent and I did enjoy watching some movies on the flight. Nonetheless, when I arrived at the airport and waited for luggage. I saw a note on the baggage claim, which indicated that one baggage was not arriving. Well, I was unhappy because many presents were in that baggage. But, I had nothing to do. I filled out the information and a staff member said they would contact me the next day. The next day, I called the airline customer service and the guy on the phone told me that there wouldn’t be any compensation because I was heading to my home country. Two days later, the airport staff called me and asked for some information about my luggage. “What color is it?” “Size?” “The brand of the luggage?” “Any luggage tags?” I answered those questions and the staff told me that the luggage was probably still in Barcelona and they would send the information to the Barcelona airport. It took me around 4 to 5 days to finally get my luggage. Thankfully, I got my luggage back and all those presents were there. A few days later, I had dinner with a friend and she faced a similar problem. Well, we didn’t choose the same airline to fly with, but the results were the same. Luckily, we got our luggage back. Nonetheless, no compensation from airlines, we weren’t unhappy, but we had to accept. This is an important lesson for me. I understand that travel inconvenience insurance could be really helpful.

No comments: