7/13/21

Meet politicians on the road


Well, we meet people while traveling. I mean, normally we meet people, even if you are going to the Himalayas, you will still meet people. Occasionally, we might see a super star. For example, some friends saw Shakira and Pique in a club. When I travel, I see politicians. Yes, I see politicians while traveling. But it’s quite interesting. It was in Beijing and I was with some friends in the Forbidden City. When we were in a palace, the tour guide asked us to stop and wait for a while. I didn’t know what was going on and asked the tour guide. The tour guide just answered that a “high-ranking” official was visiting the Forbidden City. We were waiting for a while and I was just thinking who was the “high-ranking” official. Later on, the tour guide got a “go” and we kept visiting this amazing palace complex. At night, I turned on the TV in the hotel room. The media reported that the chancellor of Germany began her visit in China. In addition, it was a trip to Lithuania. I was walking in the old town of Vilnius. I just walked around and took some photos. Then, I saw a group of people with suits and a guy who looked like a security asked me to stop. Well, I didn’t think too much and stopped. Those people with suits went into a beautiful building and I kindly asked the security, “president?”, the answer was yes. It took me one or two minutes to wait in front of the presidential palace and I kept walking around in the old town. Well, it’s actually rare to see politicians while traveling. However, it’s quite interesting. In China, we waited for a while after the “high-ranking” officials left. In Lithuania, it was just a one-minute wait. There’s no right or wrong. But it's just something you can experience in different countries.

No comments: