7/6/21

Markets

When it comes to markets, people might come out with different images from their experience. I didn’t like to go to a market because the local market in my hometown wasn’t a great one. However, growing up, I went to several markets and it’s actually interesting to go to markets. Thus, when I travel, visiting markets is normally on my list. La Boqueria in Barcelona is famous for tourists. There’s an entrance from La Rambla and I went to this market with my friends several times. There are many fresh fruits and vegetables, those fruits and vegetables make the market colorful. And, of course, you can find jamon (dried ham) in the market. Additionally, a friend found something that she isn’t afraid to eat, but it’s available in the market. Moreover, I traveled with a friend to Budapest and we went to the great market hall. When I came into the market, I was so surprised. It’s huge and there are so many to explore. I was attracted by those spices and was wondering the secrets of making those spices. Later on, when I see Hungarian paprika in a supermarket, I always think of the great market hall. There are so many stalls that offer meat, pastries, spirits and so on. My friend and I had brunch there and it was truly unforgettable. Finally, I went to the Netherlands and one day, I was on the way to take a train to Amsterdam. I found there was a market and I decided to go exploring it. Well, it turned out to be a flea market and I was just walking around. Suddenly, I found something interesting. Some postcards and playing cards were quite cheap and they were all in good condition. I bought some, so I can enrich my collection of playing cards and also send postcards to my friends and family.

No comments: