7/1/21

Photo sharing/storing

 

I used to take a lot of photos when I was traveling. Some of my friends just can’t stop clicking the shutter while traveling. Taking photos can help us record good moments on a trip, and sharing photos could help us tell our traveling stories to friends. Now, we can see people who share photos on Instagram frequently. But, before that, Picasa was a platform for me to share photos. I guess some people might not know what Picasa is. However, some people might still remember that websites such as Flickr offer services for people to upload images. Back then, it was quite interesting to see friends share photos on these online platforms and I also created some albums to record my trips. And friends can see where I visited or what I did on a trip. A friend is addicted to traveling as I am and he always takes a lot of photos on a trip. When he comes back from a trip or a vacation, he normally uploads photos on facebook. Every time I see that he creates a new album, I know he’s just back from a trip. Most of the time, he uploads at least 100 photos each trip. Yes, we can always see that he shares so many photos and I’m quite jealous that he has been to more than 50 countries. Recently, Google no longer provides unlimited storage for “high quality” photos on Google photos. I uploaded many photos on google photos because it links with my google account and it's a good place to store photos. And sometimes, it reminds me that I have been to several countries and recall good memories. Additionally, I can add effects to photos. But now, I have to think of different ways to store photos. However, the good thing is that I don’t take as many photos as I used to.

No comments: