7/27/21

Entertainment on a train?

On a flight, we might enjoy in-flight service such as movies or video games. However, things are not exactly the same while traveling by train. I took a night train from Paris to Milan. It was my first time to take a night train in Europe and all I wanted was a good sleep. On the train, I was with four other people in a six-bed room. A guy on the top shelf turned on his laptop and quickly ran the media player. He began to watch a TV series and asked me if I would like to join him. I kindly said “thank you.” Back then, wifi wasn’t available on a train and smart phones were not so popular. I thought he made a good decision to have something to watch on a train. I didn’t know what to do on the train, but the guy got some entertainment. After that trip, I was thinking of avoiding being bored on a train. So, I normally have a book with me and sometimes, I turn on my laptop to watch some videos or listen to some music. In particular, if a train ride takes more than 3 hours, I will definitely make sure that my laptop is fully charged and I have a book with me.  Nowadays, I watch some videos that show several on-board entertainment systems on trains with TVs and movies available. Passengers or tourists won’t get bored on a train. Additionally, wifi on trains has been very common. Each one can easily use his/her phone on a train to access social media or even manage their work. I haven’t taken a night train for a while and I’m thinking of doing it again in the future. I don’t know when I will be able to do it again, but I’m looking forward to seeing something cool on trains.

No comments: