6/3/21

Goal, goal, goal

 

In the world of football, goal is a good word and goal is exciting if your favorite team scores a goal. Goals could be also useful in travel. For me, I sometimes set some goals before taking a trip.

When I traveled to Australia for the first time, my goal was simple. I would like to speak English and I would like to practice. At the very beginning, I couldn’t really understand what people were talking about there. However, the more I practice, the more I can understand. Meanwhile, I would like to experience a different culture. Thus, back then I played some sports with local people and tried to understand their daily life.


Later on, I normally set some goals for each trip. For example, when I traveled alone for the first time. I set some goals such as meeting new friends, living in a hostel and taking a train to a different country. Fortunately, I made it. I met so many friends and I just chatted with some of them a couple of weeks ago. I lived in different hostels and living in a hostel was an affordable choice for me. But, sometimes, I only set a goal. When I traveled to Manchester, I had only one goal, which was to watch a match of Manchester United at Old Trafford. A friend thought I was crazy, but I’m not. Because watching a match in the Theatre of Dreams is unbelievable.


Setting some goals helps me identify what I really want to do or see during a trip. So I can prioritize my schedule and I won’t waste time doing something else. Additionally, I don’t set too many goals on a trip. So I normally have extra time and I can slowly explore something new and enjoy being in the city or in the countryside. My next goal is simple, to travel again with too many restrictions. And, I hope my friends and family can travel safely and have fun.

No comments: