5/13/21

No more updates

 


A few weeks ago, I saw a famous writer announce that he will not write any new articles about traveling for a year. I really like to read his articles about traveling in Japan and he shared some many cool things such as great Japanese food and hot springs. It’s a pity that we couldn’t see any new articles from him for a year. However, it’s not a surprise to see this happen because traveling is with many restrictions.


A writer can decide to shut down for one year. “Shut down” makes me think of “Google Trips”, an application that was developed by google. I downloaded it when it was released in September 2016 and it did help me plan some trips. I actually like this app because it is linked to my google account and it can facilitate key information (flight, hotel, reservations and so on) based on my google account. Additionally, I can search for information about taxis or destinations. For me, it was very easy to use for planning my trip. Unfortunately, it was shut down in the summer, 2019. Well, it wasn’t a big surprise. I used to travel with a friend who worked for google. When I showed her this app, she didn’t know about it.


In addition, many of my friends who are addicted to travel haven’t updated any news about their journey. Some friends worked in travel agencies and there was just no business. Unfortunately, some of them decided to find a new job because there are no signs that the travel industry will recover soon.


Traveling is fun and interesting. However, we know that in this dynamic market, changes are constant. So many things could happen. A travel agency might go bankrupt if it’s not managed efficiently. In the meantime, the covid-19 pandemic has truly changed our life. A good travel writer won’t be able to update his blog or write anything new because he can’t travel. Well, we should treasure the opportunity to travel. Hopefully, we can travel without too many restrictions soon and see many people share their cool stories about their wonderful trips.

No comments: