5/11/21

14 days

 

Some friends went to China for some projects or went back to work. They all need to do one thing, quarantine for 14 days. I don’t perfectly understand the quarantine policy in each country, but 14-day quarantine should be common. 14 days, that’s not a short period of time. We might visit many places and see a lot of cool things in 14 days while traveling.


The first time I traveled in Europe, I spent two weeks. Firstly, I arrived in Amsterdam, seeing some cool things. Secondly, I took the train to Paris. It was pretty fun there and I met so many new friends in the hostel. Finally, I took a train from Paris to Rome, exploring the history of the city and tasting good pasta. Additionally, I also went to the Vatican. So, my first time to travel in Europe, I visited 4 countries in 14 days.


A few years ago, I went to Finland to visit some friends, arriving in Helsinki first. Then, I took a boat to Stockholm, visiting the Nobel museum and seeing the city. Later on, I took a friend’s advice to explore the Baltic States. So, I went to Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania. However, I realized that I didn’t spend enough time in these countries. There are so many for me to explore in the future. The final destination of this trip was Warsaw, Poland. The walking tours were really good and I went to an interesting bar with new friends. This time, I did a little bit more, visiting 6 countries in 14 days.


Well, quarantine is necessary for most countries and we have to follow this policy. But, 14 days are not short because we could visit many cities in 2 weeks. I don’t know when I will have a 14-day vacation and don’t know when we will be able to travel as we did. However, I know I have to stay patient. A trip is surely worth waiting.

No comments: