4/22/21

Pickpocket

When I planned to travel alone in Europe for the first time, my parents always told me that their friends used to be pickpocketed in Italy and they really didn’t like the idea of letting me travel alone. Well, I still made it. And, it was a great trip. However, there was one time that someone was trying to find something from my bag when I was in a metro in Paris. I was with a friend and we just finished a walking tour in Paris and we were going to take the metro to the next destination. If my memory works well, it was on Saturday and there were actually many people. My friend and I were in the middle of the train. Suddenly, someone jumped on the train and touched my bag, trying to open my bag. I quickly saw someone was there and stared at her. It was a girl. She probably didn’t know what to do and then she just got off the metro. A friend who traveled to Rome had similar experience. He was on the metro and someone was trying to find something in his pockets. My friend was a little sleepy on the metro and didn’t really notice that someone was approaching him. Nonetheless, my friend is a smart guy and that day, he wore pants with deep pockets, “that guy” couldn’t get anything. Safety is always the top priority when traveling. It’s very dangerous to lose your money or personal documents during a trip. So, how to protect yourself from being pickpockets is indeed important. I unusually don’t have a big bag when going out. So a small bag is a better choice when traveling and I always put my bag in the front, so I can see it and someone could hardly steal it. Meanwhile, when going to some places that are packed with people, I would put my hand on the bag. Travel is good and fun and most of us like to travel. However, we have to keep in mind that to travel safely is always important and the top priority. 

No comments: