4/6/21

First time in China

 

Recently, I just saw a friend post some photos on social media. Those photos were taken in Shanxi, China. Those photos truly make me recall some memories when I traveled in China, particularly, Shanxi was actually the first province I visited in China.


I was with a group of friends in Shanxi and we stayed there around 4 days. I think it’s 4 days. For me, those four days were very interesting. The trip was well organized and we didn’t have too many problems then. But, the only thing that made us a little bit tired was that we had to move every day because we stayed in different hotels every night. Nonetheless, there was nothing to complain about because we really saw a lot and experienced a lot during the trip.


In these four days, we saw some modern buildings, at the same time, we also saw ox carts on the street. Before that, I didn’t see an ox cart, so it was truly an interesting mix when seeing ox carts crossed streets as cars did. I like history and if you like history, you will have a lot to see in Shanxi. During that trip, we went to Pingyao ancient city and stayed at an old inn. It was very cool. You can experience how people lived in that region even though the inn was renovated a bit to be qualified to host tourists. Meanwhile, they also offered us some traditional food there.


Additionally, we also went to Yungang Grottoes, which is a unesco world heritage site. I was amazed by the excellent rock-cut Buddhist architecture. Also, there are mountains and great walls. 


These are just a few places we went during those four days. I cannot remember all the places we went, but it was a start for me to understand a bit more about China. I also met several good friends on the trip and we still meet occasionally after that trip.


No comments: