3/16/21

What to wear

 
Tokyo, Japan

Packing is necessary before going on a trip. For me, packing is an art because I usually think a lot before packing, particularly; it’s always not an easy thing to effectively pack clothes.

 

Normally, I usually take more clothes, just in case I need more. For example, a 3-day trip, I usually prepare clothes for 4 days. Well, it’s good if there is something unexpected. However, it increases the weight of the luggage. I’m always thinking of packing light, but it turns out that I normally pack more.


Previously, what to wear is usually not a big thing for me because wearing something comfortable is fine. But, a friend, who is a designer, told me that she usually would prepare more clothes for traveling. As she said, there may be something to consider. Firstly, we normally take photos during a trip, and the right clothes will make you look better in the photos. In addition, traveling is fun. So wearing something makes you look good and it also increases the joy of traveling. Well, she’s right. So I do think for a while before packing and figure out what to prepare.


Some of my friends will take two or three pairs of shoes during a trip because they like to change shoes every day. However, that’s not the case for me. I will put leather shoes in the luggage if I’m going to a conference or it’s a business trip. A pair of shoes is enough for me.


Nonetheless, how to wear comfortable on a long flight is really important. There was a big joke when I travelled alone for the first time. Before the trip, I already read some books to gain more ideas. An author indicated that, on a long flight, it would be much better and easy to just wear clothes that make me feel comfortable. I thought it was a good idea. So I decided to wear just t-shirts and shorts on a long flight. It was probably a 14-hour or 15-hour flight. I felt comfortable on a flight, but things went a little bit wrong when I passed the Customs. Customs staff looked at me strangely and asked me a lot of questions. Then, I showed them my return flight information and they let me pass. And, I realized that they probably thought that I was going to do illegal things because I was only wearing a t-shirt and shorts. That was a good lesson.


Well, I still don’t have a good taste in fashion. But, the more I travel, the more I know how to wear and how to pack well for a trip. Choosing clothes might be a key thing to do before a trip, however, it’s also important to avoid wearing fancy clothes that will make me a pickpocket target.


No comments: