3/9/21

Olympic Games

It’s 2021. The Tokyo Olympic Games will be in late July. I remember that I was quite excited when the IOC announced that Tokyo would host the 2020 summer Olympics and I was talking with some friends from Japan. They were so excited and told me that I could visit them. But things changed a lot last year because of covid-19 pandemic. At this moment, I don’t know if I could make it. However, I did go to the Olympic games and visited some cities, which hosted the summer Olympics. I went to China in 2007 and it was a moment that I realized how fast China was growing. I saw several huge buildings under construction, particularly, I saw the stadiums and I was thinking that it would be fun to watch Olympic games. In 2008, I was really lucky to be a volunteer of the Beijing Olympic Games. Meanwhile, I was so glad that I could watch some games. After the 2008 summer Olympics, I was thinking that I would really love to watch more Olympic games or major sports tournaments. Well, I didn’t have opportunities to go to London for the 2012 Olympics or go to Rio for the 2016 Olympics. Nonetheless, I did visit these cities and saw some stadiums. Also, I see the real city post-Olympic. In addition, I went to the Olympic Museum in Barcelona. Of course, I also went to the main stadium of the 1992 Olympics since the stadium is nearby the museum. There are really a lot of collections and memorabilia. A sports fan would really like to visit the museum. Even a non-sports fan could also learn a lot in the museum. So far, I have already gone to Sydney, Beijing, London, Rio and Tokyo. Just let me call them Olympic cities at this moment. I learn how sports and global events can change a city, at the same time, I understand that bad financial decisions would truly hurt a city. I don’t know whether I will be in Tokyo for the Olympics. If I can make it, it will be really cool. Additionally, I’ve been to Paris and Los Angeles. I would like to see how the Olympic games would change these two metropolitans. And, of course, watch some Olympic games and cheer for sports.

No comments: