3/4/21

Collection

During a trip, we may buy souvenirs to preserve our memories or share memories with our friends and family. For me, I usually collect playing cards (poker). In the beginning, someone told me that I could ask for playing cards on a flight, so I had some playing cards from some airlines. It was just for fun and I wasn’t seriously thinking of collecting playing cards. Later on, I think that it might be a good idea to collect playing cards. Firstly, playing cards are widely available and can be found easily almost everywhere. Secondly, it’s an affordable choice for me. Playing cards usually don’t cost too much. Also, most airlines offer playing cards for free. Thirdly, size. Playing cards are usually not so big and can’t be put in the luggage easily. Additionally, playing cards can be stored easily and in my room. So, when traveling, I usually try to find some cool playing cards. Sometimes, they can be found easily in a souvenir shop. Sometimes, I found playing cards in a flea market. I went to Beijing and I bought Olympic playing cards, well, I think I probably went crazy and bought too many. My friends, who traveled with me in Beijing, talk about my craziness of buying playing cards when we meet up. In addition, museums are places that I always visit every time when traveling. A lot of playing cards of world-renowned museums are really entertaining and educational. There are so many cool playing cards, such as playing cards of my favorite teams or some famous brands. I haven’t calculated how many playing cards I have. However, I do know I have good memories when traveling. Every time I see these playing cards, I can know which airlines I took or where I have been. Nevertheless, there are no new playing cards recently since it’s really difficult to travel abroad recently. I hope to re-start collecting soon.  


No comments: