2/4/21

Shop & Show

Car showroom in Paris
Shopping may be many people’s top priorities during a trip. Because of duty, people can buy certain products at a lower price in some countries or some outlets. Meanwhile, some products are only available in certain countries or cities, for example, Starbucks city mugs, if you are a collector, you will definitely look for one during a trip.
Shopping is usually not my top priority when traveling. But I do like to visit some shopping areas downtown. Firstly, I can get first-hand information to see what are the most popular products and understand the trends. At the same time, it’s also interesting to see which products draw more attention. Additionally, how to present a product or how to display merchandise is always very important. Visiting stores is a good way for me to get new ideas and identify the best way to present and display. Thirdly, it’s like a show. Entering a flagship store and seeing lots of new products, for me, are just like watching a show. I’m fascinated by some products and wondering why designers are so creative and why manufacturers can produce these amazing products. In addition, going to a department store or a shopping mall is a different way to experience a city. You can see whether local people love to go to that store or a store usually attracts tourists. Are there many local brands? How do they display a product? There are many things to think about. Also, I sometimes talk to staff and they can present something interesting to me. I’m not a big fan of going shopping, but I do like to go to a shopping mall or a department store when traveling. I can just walk around to see if there is something interesting and at the same time, to think whether there is a better way to show a new product and to understand how store staff creatively present a product in an amazing way.

No comments: