2/9/21

Festivals

Riga

Some people travel for a reason. For example, some people love to see nature. Some people want to go shopping. Also, there are some people who like to go to festivals such as music festivals and the well-known Rio Carnival. I did go to Rio, but I haven’t been to the Rio Carnival, however, I did go to some festivals that I couldn’t forget.


In August, there are several local or district festivals (fiesta) in Barcelona. Each district will have its own festival, which lasts around a week. On each area’s streets, there are many decorations such as statues, woodwork ornaments and so on. These streets are well decorated by local residents. There are so many cool things to see around. When I walked on the streets several years ago, I was so amazed by people’s creativity. I saw some cute animals, cartoon figures and, of course, some shining decorations. Meanwhile, you can’t ignore music, food and beverage. There is live music and you can see people dance and sing on the street. The atmosphere is really good and you can feel that people are truly happy and enjoying it.


In addition, it was also in August. I went to Riga several years ago. When I checked in at the hotel on Friday, the staff told me that there were some events on the weekend because of the city’s birthday. Another good thing was that transportation was free on the weekend, so it was pretty easy to go around the city. On the weekend, I did walk around the old town, there were so many events such as sporting events and traditional events. Old Town Riga is pretty amazing and has been included on UNESCO’s World Heritage List. It’s a city that it’s truly worthwhile to visit. I just walked a lot that weekend and saw churches, theaters and historical buildings.


Festivals are good reasons for people to travel. Some of my friends went to Berlin for electronic music festivals. One of my colleagues even went to a rock music festival in Japan for honeymoon. I don’t particularly travel for going to a festival, however, it’s always a bonus when I know there is a festival to go to whether it’s a local one or an international one.

No comments: