2/2/21

Lock & Luck

Paris

A traveler should not be surprised to use a lock when traveling. A luggage lock is necessary and some might use an extra lock on his or her luggage. During a trip, you have to lock your room when you go out or sleep.

When I was traveling alone in Europe, I decided to stay in a hostel. When checking in, hostel staff always asked whether I needed a lock, so I can lock my luggage in a locker. In some hostels, lockers are in the room. In this situation, it’s easier because you can at least see the lockers when you are in the room. However, in some hostels, lockers are outside the room. But a key thing is to remember your password and avoid other people seeing your password if you use a password lock. And you have to keep your keys safe. Normally, most hotels have an extra lock to add extra security to the hotel room. For me, I always believe that it’s better to lock the extra lock of the door. A few years ago, I was in a hotel room and ready for a shower. Someone was trying to open the door, I didn’t lock the extra lock and someone almost came in. Well, the check out time was 12:00 and the clean lady began to do her job at 11:00. After that, I always check carefully to see whether I lock the door in a hotel room. I don’t want to see this kind of surprise again. Well, we can also see many bridges with lots of “love locks” that lovers put on their promises. I saw these “love locks” in several countries and it’s always a good place to take a photo on these bridges. We love being lucky during a trip. However, safety is always a top priority. Locks are necessary and we use them quite often when traveling. But just make sure you remember passwords or your keys. There was one time that I just couldn’t get the right password to open my luggage and it took awhile for me to finally open it. Thankfully, I opened it.

No comments: