1/28/21

What do you eat?

Seafood in Spain

During a trip, food is usually not my top priority. For me, all I care about is that I am not too hungry or too thirsty. Normally, I go to a local supermarket to buy milk and chips or snacks. For me, these are enough and I just want to make sure that I’m not going to be super hungry during a trip.

However, there are still some moments that I do enjoy eating. Firstly, airlines offer food. There are always one or two meals offered if you are not taking low-cost airlines. I know that people would say that they don’t like the food or don’t like to eat food on an airplane. But there are several airlines that provide good food during the flight. There are not so many choices on a flight, but some cuisines are actually pretty good. Sometimes, I ask for wines or beers. Tasting beers or wines usually helps me sleep well on a flight. Also, some snacks are very good. Sometimes, there are ice creams of famous brands and well-renowned chocolates. I usually ask more since I really like desserts. Secondly, when I visit some friends, I usually go out for lunch or dinner with them or with their families. So I went to local restaurants with them and that’s always a great way to taste local food and to know their daily life. Sometimes, they also meet their friends in a restaurant. In addition, my friends and I would stop by a local bar to get some beers, coffee or snacks. Well, we don’t go to a very fancy bar, but we can talk to local people and sometimes meet friends. Normally, I hear some jokes and funny stories from these people. Eating is usually not a big problem during a trip, for me, I don’t have to eat very well when traveling. I usually don’t expect to eat at a Michelin restaurant or a super famous restaurant. Nevertheless, you have no choices sometimes. When my friends want to go to a good restaurant to celebrate a trip or they just want to enjoy fancy food, I go with them. It’s not a bad idea to celebrate with some good friends, right?
Fideua Negra

No comments: